Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CE Offline
like add the extra smiles hack, icq,aim, news fader thing, all of em, BUT make it so that they can be turned on and off so people who dont want them dont have to use them...

Sponsored Links
I'm not for certain, but I think it is because..

1). Originality- UBB is a company just like any developers (i.e. game consoles or computer manufacturers). They make a base product and people develop whatever they wish as long as it doesn't violate the copyrights agreements.
2). Upgradability- With dozens of hacks out there is no way to keep track of updates and even if you could do something like that it would be too much work/hassle to do that, when it seems people are fine with the idea of updating their own board as they go.
3). Compatiblity- Different hacks work for different versions. There may be similiar lines but react differently to a code.

There are a lot more reasons but that is my 2 cents. I'm no expert but it seems only logical.

------------------
Russell K.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Correct Russell... plus, what's cool to you and me, may not be to someone else... there's so many variations on the same hacks that no-one will happy with all of it, even if you can turn them off and on.

A few hacks have copyright issues as well... they can't be included in the downloadable ubb without some form of payment... sometimes a lot.

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Honestly, I think your both wrong >:0)

Most people would freely allow Infopop to add their hacks. And Infopop rewrites anything they do happen to add, so the code is original. Compatibility is not an issue, because the code will actually be infopop's addititon.

I believe the main reason is that they do not want to add any more user confusion, or increase the already high server load produced by the UBB... Many of the hacks add tremendous unneed overhead.

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians

Think about it this way:

If the DID do that, we wouldn't exist due to lack or need.

- DB

Sponsored Links
And I'm sure we would all die then, boy.

Actually, you're wrong. Infopop would have to get those hacks from somewhere....and most likely they wouldn't apply them to the freeware.

But thats besides the point. Microsoft could make computers that don't crash. Jive records could sell music that doesn't suck. The government could stop suffering in many places around the world. Does it happen? No. Why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

------------------
-david
drive boy dog boy dirty numb angel boy in the doorway boy she was a lipstick boy she was a beautiful boy and tears boy and all in your innerspace boy you had hands girl boy and steel boy you had chemicals boy ive grown so close to you boy and you just groan boy she said comeover comeover she smiled at you boy. let your feelings slip boy but never your mask boy random blonde bio high density rhythm blonde boy blonde country blonde high density you are my drug boy youre real boy speak to me and boy dog dirty numb cracking boy you get wet boy big big time boy acid bear boy babes and babes and babes and babes and babes and remembering nothing boy. you like my tin horn boy and get wet like an angel. derail. you got a velvet mouth youre so succulent and beautiful shimmering and dirty wonderful and hot times on your telephone line and god and everything on your telephone and in walk an angel. and look at me your mom squatting pissed in a tube hole at tottenham court road i just come out of the ship talking to the most blonde i ever met. shouting lager lager lager lager shouting lager lager lager lager shouting lager lager lager shouting mega mega white thing mega mega white thing mega mega white thing mega mega shouting lager lager lager lager mega mega white thing mega mega white thing so many things to see and do in the tube hole true blonde going back to romford mega mega mega going back to romford hi mom are you having fun and now are you on your way to a new tension headache.

quote:
i have to agree wit evil empire on dat

------------------
Ѓ†–HÄ££–M16

I agree with CE. What really puts me off from applying all these hacks... is that I will have to do it again for each release of UBB. "AllHack" is doing something by having a few hacks in one program but I would like to see many more. Remember that not everyone likes to fiddle about with the files to change each time.

------------------

CE Offline
really, the ones im talking about are like having the ability to add more smiles, online users, pm, the bars over the top and bottom, and maybe code buttons.

quote:
evil-empire - Who was this directed at?

I Just told you the answer to your question, but believe what ya want...

------------------
Da Wannabe Cannuck

Andy Tomaka
YaBB Developement Team
[email protected]
http://www.yabb.org

Sponsored Links
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
quote:
No they wouldn't. The functionality of the hacks would be what they would include (if they decide) but there is no way that they would use the current code from the hacks.

I can all but guarentee that any functionailty would be added by them writing in the functionality from scratch.

--mark

------------------

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
quote:
Hmmm...

[Linked Image]

------------------
Da Wannabe Cannuck

Andy Tomaka
YaBB Developement Team
[email protected]
http://www.yabb.org

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63