Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#57977 02/10/2005 1:46 PM
Is there a way to restrict users from posting the same thread in multiple forums? Its so irritating. Like I'll have users from time to time post something like "Help Me" in 4 different forums.

I know theres the flood control, but thats only a temp solution for a certain period of time.

This would be a nice addition, if feasible

Any thoughts? wink

Sponsored Links
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Well, you'd need an index file containg the title of every topic ever made. But even then, a title "Help" can be requesting help on different things. It's impractical at best, as well as a real load on the server

If you're upgrading to the new UBB, it'd be a lot easier to check, but would still have the "Help" problem

Well, I meant, making the same topic in 4 different forums within like a 3 minute time span.

In any case, I see your point. I guess its one of those situations you just have to "deal" with.

B.T.W --> Happy Birthday woot

Veteran
Veteran
It sure would be a hell of a job doing, but you could write something that compares every post to "todays active topics," or at least a list of posts made today,

Man, I sure wouldn't want to be the guy that had to write it. And it sure would slow down posting, having to compare every new post against every post made today. Every post would be slower than the last.

I suppose you could to it only on new topics but then wouldn't you also want to check someone spamming replies?

Picture perfect penmanship here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849