Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#316390 11/28/2007 11:42 PM
Lurker
Lurker
Using: UBBT 7.2.1

I've got a custom island going to display some dynamic data for my one site ( http://www.mariusnet.com ) and I want to add some user-specific dynamic data. To get an idea of what Im' trying to do, follow the link and look at the "Myth II - Top Players" island. The users & scores listed there are 'normal' and work fine being the top 8 ranked players, but what I was wanting to add is another small row just below it showing the logged in user's rank & score (if the user is logged in of course... had to do another user authentication within the island to get it user-aware).

The caching thing is really screwing me up and destroying the user-specific part, which is currently disabled being that it is broken. When the cache refreshes, whichever user it is that loaded the page that triggered the refresh is who's specific data that will be built in the cached version and shown to everyone.

So, this leads to the question of: Is it possible to disable caching completely for a custom island?

I've looked and I don't see how in any straight-forward manner, so I'm guessing that it'll take a little tweaking & modding, but before I dive in and start changing things I thought I'd check to see if anyone had built this wheel already before I go and re-invent it tipsy

So, anyone done this before? Something like setting Cache Time to -1 to turn off cahcing or anything like that??

Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
As you've discovered, there is no way to get around the caching. However, what you could potentially do is just have the island be an include statement that includes your actual script. So, only the include statement would be cached, and it *should* call your actual script on each page load.

UBB.threads Developer
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I wonder if the smarty {literal} is cached...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Lurker
Lurker
Hi all,

I am having the same problem. Did you find the solution yet?

Thanks in advance
Kris

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hello Kris, did you attempt Rick's suggestion?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63