Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
On my web site I've created java script roll overs for all of my menus -you can see it in the forum menu when you go to the site. The easiest way to pull in off is to use the DOM Image Roll Over 2 at Dynamic Drive. Just follow the steps for the java applet (go to your control panel Display Options / General / Header Insert and add the java script for the applet there. Remember to include the full path to the location where you uploaded the applet to your web server). Then just create a set of images for your menu, the mouseover graphics, and mouse down graphics if you want to use them (I didn't). Then follow the directions for adding the html image code to your ubbt_registerednav and ubbt_unregisterednav templates. I even went as far as adding a rollover effect to my edit, reply, and quote links in showflat and showthreaded (the applet works in a code loop, so no conflicts.).

Obviously I'm not gonna mod your board for you, but if you have basic html skills you should be able to set up image roll overs on your own site. Just thought I'd pass this on...

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
I can load your page but int the bottome explorer bar it says, "Page loaded but with errors"

And the roll overs are quite nice...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm not getting the javascript errors and the rollovers are quite nice

Could this be accomplished with css? Or are the bolding/highlighting not standard code?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
You can switch images via CSS -I've read a few examples. But it relies on a technique that's not really supported by CSS and it doesn't work in too many browsers.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63