hows about a mod that'd letcha add a fully-functioning and entirely-integrated blog forum! ("blogs" are basically online journals)
for almost 3-and-a-half years now, i've utilized one of my board's (first classic, now threads) forums as a blog-like area. i'm the only person that can post in there, but anyone can read the posts.
there are blog programs out there, and admittedly, they do it a bit better (obviously, with them being specified designs). but i want to avoid them for 2 reasons:
1) i already have 3 1/2 years of stuff in my blog that i don't wanna simply lose.
2) more importantly for this community (and, thus, this mod request) i'd like the ability to keep my site more integrated and compact. utilizing a message board as an all-in-one area streamlines the site (rather than having a section for boards, and an entirely different section for blogs).
so, i'd like to request that some sorta mod be created that could "hijack" a folder on your forum, turning it into a blog.
features could include:
- a small, thumbnail calendar, to expedite clicks between daily thoughts
- a different set of post icons, like "today i am ___(angry)"
- my favorite, a comment area -- where people could click and respond to individual blog entries (but their comments are only viewable via popups, thus keeping the actual blog intact).