Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Journeyman
Journeyman
Mod Name / Version: Custom User Title Change for Special Groups and Mods

Description: This mod will allow members of a special group (at my site it is my "donors" group) to change their user title from My Home.

The mod also allows members of the moderator and admin groups to change their titles as well.

Please check your Groups table to get the number of the group you want to give permission to prior to installing the mod.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.4

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: Have a Custom User Group setup

Author(s): JoshPet did in 6.2 updated by chillin

Date: 12/31/03

Credits: JoshPet's original mod

Files Altered: /editbasic.php
/changebasic.php
/templates/default/editbasic.tmpl
/languages/editbasic.php

New Files: none

Database Altered: none

Info/Instructions: Be sure to backup all your files prior to modifying

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.
Attachments
103583-user-title-b1.txt (0 Bytes, 109 downloads)

Last edited by chillin; 01/01/2004 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
question:

is there a way to simply let every registered member use this feature?

Group 3 is all users by default, you can just set it to that in this mod if you want.

Kahuna
Kahuna
thats it!

thanks

Great mod. It's testing stable on my system.

Erik Burgess
Systems Engineer
Sponsored Links
Anyone update this for 6.5 yet? My php skillz are weak at best, otherwise I would look at it.

Erik Burgess
Systems Engineer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Cool, one thing though, is there a way to limit how many spaces can be used, I would be worried that all the smart asses at my site would do this with their custom title coolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Then it would make the forums all stretched out.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
OK, nevermind, I just installed it and noticed the size restriction, very cool and works under 6.4.4 by the way.

coffee and code
coffee and code
nice mod... I like it!

A few minor things in your install need to be corrected though.....

Code
 <br />   $Location = str_replace("<","&lt;",$Location); <br />   $Bio = str_replace("<","&lt;",$Bio); <br />   $ICQ = str_replace("<","&lt;",$ICQ); <br />   $Title = str_replace("<","&lt",$Title); <br />

should be

Code
 <br />   $Location = str_replace("<","&lt;",$Location); <br />   $Bio = str_replace("<","&lt;",$Bio); <br />   $ICQ = str_replace("<","&lt;",$ICQ); <br />   $Title = str_replace("<","&lt;",$Title); <br />

and

Code
 <br />### <br />### STEP 4: Add the following line to your /languages/editbasic.php <br />### <br /> <br />$ubbt_lang['TITLE_TOO_LONG']  =  "User Title too long."; <br />

should be...

Code
 <br />### <br />### STEP 4: Add the following line to your /languages/changebasic.php <br />### <br /> <br />$ubbt_lang['TITLE_TOO_LONG']  =  "User Title too long."; <br />

A simple type-o that is basically whatever the installer wants to set it at, is...

Code
// ------------------------------------------------ <br />// If the title is > 15 we don't allow <br />   if ( strlen($Title) > 20) { <br />      $html -> not_right($ubbt_lang['TITLE_TOO_LONG'],$Cat); <br />   } <br />

should be...

Code
// ------------------------------------------------ <br />// If the title is > 15 we don't allow <br />   if ( strlen($Title) > 15) { <br />      $html -> not_right($ubbt_lang['TITLE_TOO_LONG'],$Cat); <br />   } <br />

and one last thing that is purely a visual technicality is...

Code
$titlebox = "<input type=\"text\" name=\"Title\" size=\"20\" class=\"formboxes\" value=\"$Title\"><br/>"; <br />

should be...

Code
$titlebox = "<input type=\"text\" name=\"Title\" size=\"20\" class=\"formboxes\" value=\"$Title\">"; <br />

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Humm trying to use this on 6.5 ...what am I missing? No box shows up for users to type anything into.

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Check your files again. IF the box doesn't appear but the text "User Title" does in the editbasic.php screen then it means that it is not populated in the changebasic.php screen. If the "User Title" string doesn't appear at all then you missed the last step which is to update the editbasic.tmpl

Nikos
Journeyman
Journeyman

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63