Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
I thought I would drop in here and throw my two sites in here for people to see. Both use the same look at the moment (cool blue ... looks familiar, doesnt it?? ). I converted my 2 licenses from classic to threads, then converted both of my forums.

MotorsportsLounge.com
- motorsports discussion
(forum direct link)

GamersLounge.com
- video gaming discussion
(forum direct link)

I am still working on getting these forum sites up to speed. I really like the threads system, and Josh has been extremely helpful with some questions and solutions for me to tweak what I have to what I want as far as the look goes. I am very new to threads, and not a programmer or designer, and have zero knowledge on databased things, so this is what I have come up with.

Both sites are set size wise for 800x600 users to see the site template in full screen without scroll bars. I chose this rather than variable because of the way I have the top section with the ads and logo all in there. The 10 pixel spacing makes everything look real clean and uniform. If I went variable, it would look off. The only time it does look off is when someone posts an image that stretches the forum template out, but it doesnt look too bad (example).

I will be customizing each individual forum with custom header images. For example:

- Mike Wallace Forum
- Kelly Bires Forum
- TRAC Series Forum
- CRA SSS Series Forum

I have many things in the works for both of these sites. Hopefully over the next 6 months I will get them both to where I want. I really like the fact that with threads I can have a forum on there in admin only so it is hidden from view. That way I can work on some things behind the scenes before I release it to the public.

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Good luck with the sites - they look nice and clean.

Never sure whether it is best to have the site left or centred when you are limiting to a set size. But yours looks good

Only one thing I will disagree with you on

[]I have many things in the works for both of these sites. Hopefully over the next 6 months I will get them both to where I want. [/]

In 6 months time, you will have moved your goals, that you never quite reach that finish line Threads is an adiction to many people - but whatever you do enjoy three things at least - your site, learning to code it behind the scenes, and threadsdev.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
LOL
Yeah, it never ends. Sites are never "finished" and never "perfect".

Time and money become limiting factors.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63