Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This mod pulls in the Threads header as it does in pp-inc.php however it pulls a header that uses the $tbopen and $tbclose variables. If you pull the header from pp-inc.php it does not include the new templates.

Yeah I think your right it might be there server. If you want to post the site url I can see if I view the same thing or if you do not want to post that url you can always PM me. I would be more than happy to help try and solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thanks, I'll need to re-add it and pm you... will do so this weekend when the site isn't so busy

I edited the files as described in the instructions in this thread, which edits pp_inc.php so that it pulls in the tbopen and tbclose subs from threads. I actually meant I didn't do dalantech's generic header mod as requested in the first thread as it doesn't seem to have anything to do with this mod

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Dalantech's mod enables your header to use the tbopen and tbclose templates. As it stands now the header is separate from the new tbopen and tbclose variables. It does not make that big of a deal if you do not use table wrappers but if you do the header will not have them unless you install the generic header mod.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks Josh, you're tops.

Josh?

Sponsored Links
Josh?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
LOL - I had to click the "Re: JoshPet" to see what he was replying to. I'd forgotten and couldn't figure out how I'd earned any credit here.

But he was replying to my instructions to fix the user number in the profile of photopost thing.

Kudos to this mod goes to omegatron.

LOL sometimes showflat has its disadvantages.

I forgot you even replyed to anything in this mod.

Kahuna
Kahuna
This then is the proof for those that thought that the Re: is not necessary for threads this size.

Nikos

Nikos
Kahuna
Kahuna
A note to everyone:

If you are planning to install this modification, please first check if you have included the following:
Code
<br />// UBBThreads Headers<br />// Set $PathToThreads to the path of your threads installation (INCLUDE TRAILING SLASH /)<br />// or leave blank if this page is located the threads directory<br />// Provided by JustDave from https://ubbdev.com<br /><br />   $PathToThreads = "C:/www/htdocs/development/forum/";<br />   require ("{$PathToThreads}main.inc.php");<br />   $userob = new user;<br />   $html = new html;<br />   if ($title == "") {$title = $config['title'];}<br />   $html -> send_header($title,$Cat,0,$user);<br />

in your header-inc.php then using the instructions of this mod you need to comment this line:
Code
<br />require ("c:/www/htdocs/development/forum/main.inc.php");<br />

as per the instructions for the pp-inc.php.

If you don't then the Sql class will be redeclared, hence throwing up an error on the screen.

Nikos

Nikos
Sponsored Links
Nikos,

Actually this hack is written for Photopost 3.2 and Ubbthreads 6.2. It is even specified as such.

You can adapt it for prior versions and and just simply remove the header include. So instead of trying to comment out the main-inc.php file just do not use the header-inc.php file. In fact is you look close at the header-inc.php with Photopost 3.2 it only supports vbportal and vbulletin boards.

This hack works just fine the way it stands since Photpost 3.2 does not use the header include for Threads any longer. That was thrown out when Michael wrote 3.2 since it was causing so many problems.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Well I got both of them... or at least I think I have PP 3.2... That version is the one that uses EXIF information correct?

I guess that my upgrade kept the header file

Nikos

Nikos
I think you have 3.1 which also uses the exif info.

3.2 does not support ubbthreads through the header-inc.php file. The code in that file was deleted by Michael Pierce. It only support the two boards mentioned above. If one wanted to add head tags in Photopost 3.2 they would have to create a separate html file and link it in the admin section. I know until I did this hack I had to do this in 3.2. I use to always use the header-inc till 3.2 to load my CSS file for the background image as bgcolor tags for body is no longer XHTML compliant.

I have updated the attachment on the first post to include Beyond Compare difference reports in html so to try and make it easier. My files have all the CSS changes needed for integration.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Chuck,

I do have 3.2.1 - just checked it... But I re-read the instructions you posted and found this:

One more thing make sure you clear any header or head tag calls you have in the Photopost
admin section as you will be using Threads headers and such.

Don't I feel like an idiot now...

Nikos

Nikos
LOL No biggy

The one thing for sure I kept thinking you had an earlier version is you kept on saying header-inc.php. That file like I said no longer has any threads support. 3.2.1 is what I have as well. I just posted beyond compare difference reports in the zip if you have not made all the CSS changes yet. I also added reports for 2 more files that are used on the front viewable end of this program as well.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Thanks! Those reports helped a lot!

Nikos

Nikos
I don't have the full hack running.. Josh I tried [] pp-inc.phpFind this: $profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&user=$tusername";

Change to this: $profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=$tuserid"; [/]

hmmmm probably needs the database update too? But when I asked it to find my profile it said I didn't exist in database

oh ya
http://www.steelheader.net/photopost/index.php is the photopost url so you can see what I mean.

Okay at line 1067 find this code:

if ( $Globals['vbversion'] == "w3t6" ) {
$profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=$tusername&Number=$tuserid";
$postreply = "<font color="{$Globals['headfontcolor']}" face="{$Globals['mainfonts']}" size="{$Globals['fontmedium']}"><b>Post a Reply</b></font>";
}
else {
$profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&user=$tusername";

REPLACE WITH:

if ( $Globals['vbversion'] == "w3t6" ) {
$profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=$tuserid";
$postreply = "<font color="{$Globals['headfontcolor']}" face="{$Globals['mainfonts']}" size="{$Globals['fontmedium']}"><b>Post a Reply</b></font>";
}
else {
$profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&user=$tuserid";

I visited your site and that function is still set to read username.

Thanks Omega worked like a charm.... At this rate I am going to run out of projects for you guys

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
From the requirements:
[]* 3) Apply Dalantech's Header Mod ( so that it uses the table wrappers ) *
[/]

Which mod is this?

It is this one Josh.

https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Basically it puts the header into a template so it uses tbopen and tbclose.

I almost replied before you (was coming back here with the hyperlink ).

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks.

I am glad you got this working for Leigh Ann Josh however minor server issues?

Alot more than that it seems. She let me know I forgot to include upload page in the instructions. I will update them as I have them done.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]I am glad you got this working for Leigh Ann Josh however minor server issues? [/]

I never did truly get it to work. I finally gave up and cheated.

I added the code for tbopen and tbclose into the pp-inc.php file and made them global variables (like {$Globals['tbopen']}) and then used the local global variables throughout.

So I am using the tablewrappers without using the threads send header command or requiring main.inc.php as that seemed to freak it out.

Then I tweaked the photopost authentication to fetch the user's stylesheet (or default to the board's default) and then call the threads stylesheet.

It ain't pretty. But it works!

She wasn't planning on changnig the tbopen,tbclose templates too often. If so, the code would also need to be edited in the pp-inc.php file. But the stylesheets are still called from threads.

Thats a major server issue. LOL You got it as hard coded as you can get. I think we both agree she should be able to call threads in another program if main.inc.php is called. Still scratching my head on that one?

I would be intrested in the code you used to make it pull the board stylesheet. Photopost 3.3 actually uses CSS sheets and there are only about 6 classes existing users of Threads need to add to their stylesheets. I think being able to set it to the boards stylesheet is the best way.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63