Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Okay what this does is expand upon the work of JustDave and Dalantech and make Photpost use the table wrappers for a more uniform Threads site.

You can attempt this if you own Photopost as well as Threads and want them to look the same. This is compatable with Threads 6.2,6.2.1 and Photopost 3.2.1.

You can see a demo here:

http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/gallery/index.php

Attachments
65988-photopost-integration.zip (0 Bytes, 239 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
You Da Man!

I took the time to write it up just for you

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nice.

Now this is superficial now. If you see what I have done you basically need to do that to every Photopost file that has a table. I also took out the hard-coding of colors and replaced with CSS class variables so that when I change theme's color's change something Photopost does not do.

I will post more on that subject.

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Well done Chuck. This is awesome!!!!

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
Excellent work!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thanks man! You're making me blush!

Come on buddy how many of us have both Threads and Photopost,

Hmm let me see the usability of this hack is minor. I know of maybe 5 of us.

JoshPet,Myself,Msula,You and casper. I know there are a few others.

I can't find JustDave's CSS Table Wrappers mod (even tried to search for it). Anyone got a link?

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
[]Come on buddy how many of us have both Threads and Photopost[/]

I use them both, too. I'm in the process of attempting this hack (I'm still on the Threads Table Wrappers Mod step), although all the "if you dare!" statements in your instructions leave me feeling a bit intimidated. I love anything that makes my site look more cohesive, and appreciate the work folks put into hacks like these. Thanks!

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]I can't find JustDave's CSS Table Wrappers mod (even tried to search for it). Anyone got a link? [/]

https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Thanks!

Addict
Addict
omega rules I haven't implimented the table wrapper mods yet as I haven't had time for any redesigning, but this will be of great benefit for making a seamless transition

Thanks.

Addict
Addict
Actually, I just thought of something...

how does this handle multiple stylesheets? I know photopost has the forum colors, links, text, etc all specified within the database. It doesn't use CSS yet.

So, I'm assuming this hack will only work with the colors you specify inside photopost correct? For example right now I have 4 color schemes people can use, but photopost is stuck using only one Just wonder if this is something your mod changes, or we have to wait until PP begins using templates and CSS

You are correct Photopost will use CSS and templates next version. My hack only does one style. However I am writing up a small chart for those that dare to convert CSS in Photopost. The changes are too intensive to list an exact hack but this is not that hard. I have done this on my site to all the major files so that people can change stylesheets and Photopost changes. It is a simple but time consuming thing but anyone can do it. Example below:

bgcolor="{$Globals['bordercolor']}"

would be

class="tableborders"

or

bgcolor="{$Globals['maincolor']}"

would be

class="darktable"

or

bgcolor="{$Globals['headcolor']}"

would be

class="tdheader"

Like I said I am going to write up a short comparison so those that want to do this can do this and this should provide full integration until Photopost catch's up with the CSS and template thing.

I got ya covered Msula I know a die hard Photopost guy like you wants the whole thing. Let these guys digest the first part and they can finish for multiple stylesheets next. I will have a comparison probally tonight or tommorow morning.

When you installed JustDave's CSS table wrapper mod did you declare the background images in the tbopen and tbclose files that you made, or did you use CSS classes?

The reason why I'm asking is that after reading the mod it makes more sense to put the path for the background images in the tbopen and tbclose templates that you make for each style sheet.

Dalantech,

Dave's mod changes nothing from your mod. All his does is make threads aware whether there is a wrapper or not.

Currently in your mod tbopen and tbclose has the 10pixel spacers which show up in every stylesheet whether you have a stylesheet graphic specified or not. So if I did not use wrappers for greenday in your mod I would have a 10pixel border around my tables. With his mod installed I would not. You simply put a clean copy or tbopen and tbclose in your template directory. For every stylesheet where you define the CSS classes with images you would create a tbopen-(stylesheet name).tmpl and tbclose-(stylesheet name)/tmpl with your mods. You see the difference? This allows use of multiple stylesheet use without displaying that empty table and making your site look a little funky.
I called the images from CSS classes just like you did. I just name the templates ending name the stylesheet name.
I have only made stylesheets for my default stylesheet and greenday so if you choose infopop you will see the normal tables.

Your mods go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Thanks for the info

I was thinking that I could create a "painless" set of table wrappers (easy to install).

I should have the new set up soon. Take a look at my site for a peek at what the new graphics / templates can do

I would say your mod is quite easy to install. How hard is it to copy 8 graphics to a directory. Add eight CSS classes to a stylesheet and edit the path to the graphic. Then make a few small changes to two templates.

I must be sleeping as I looked at your site and am missing something.

If you also want to make Photopost use Threads CSS classes you can edit the global color calls in all the following files in Photopost to make about a 95% integration feel and look.

showphoto.php
showgallery.php
pp-inc.php
index.php
comments.php
reportphoto.php

Now this does not change the admin area or anything behind the scenes but this should be most of the files needed to get the look you want with multiple stylesheets. You can see a demo here

http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/gallery/index.php

username:test
password:test

You can change stylesheets and see what I mean

Get the attachement for the class changes.
Attachments
66092-PhotopostCSSclasses.txt (0 Bytes, 283 downloads)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Omegatron.. I'm proud of you for pulling all this together. Good work.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Hey man, that text on your site is pretty hard on the eyes. Just wanted to let you know my experience in case it helps you to make it better. I couldn't look at it for too long. I think it is the pink on the purple that does it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

LOL! No, it is that easy. I was just trying to find a painless way for people to change between multiple styles. I plan on releasing a few sets

[]Hey man, that text on your site is pretty hard on the eyes. Just wanted to let you know my experience in case it helps you to make it better. I couldn't look at it for too long. I think it is the pink on the purple that does it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. [/]

I hope your not talking to me? My site is not pink on purple so I am lost here.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm using photopost at my fish-tails.net site, but I haven't upgraded that one to 6.2.1 and the latest photopost. Hopefully I can get around to it in the next week or so. Did anyone experience any problems with compatibility between the latest threads (new user system) and photopost?

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]Did anyone experience any problems with compatibility between the latest threads (new user system) and photopost?[/]

The only problem I found was that Photopost wanted me to login to the admin account with my UBBT display name, as opposed to my username. Once I figured out that little trick, everything worked fine.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Fish -
You also need to hack photopost a bit or else the links to profiles don't work. (It tries to look them up by username... the new threads needs user number).

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ok, thanks. Do you have a list of the files that require hacking posted somewhere? If not, I'll just get out my trusty notepad.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I've done some more major tweaking there.... but this shoudl be all you need to do to fix the usernumber thing:

Code
<br />pp-inc.php<br /><br />Find this:<br /><br />            $profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&amp;user=$tusername";<br /><br /><br />Change to this:<br /><br />            $profilelink = "{$Globals['vbulletin']}/showprofile.php?Cat=&amp;User=$tuserid";<br />							<br />

Simple.

No major errors here other than having to fix the profile thing as Josh posted above.

Hi Chuck

Great hack.

Rather brain burning for me, but eventually got it going only probs I had were human error.

Thanks.

Thanks

Liahona
I warn people do I not.

The Photopost hacking actually we could do without all the extra's. If you applied this hack without the tablewrappers you would still have a super integrated Photopost without table wrappers.

I should have just called it SUPER INTEGRATION HACK LOL

But then again having the table wrappers is what forced me to do this.

Hi Chuck

It's brillllllll

The Photopost page looks like it's part of threads now, and also with the sidebar-pals from Josh it looks like part of Dave's IIP, and not forgetting Dalantech's wrappers, so all in all it's worked out great.

Now I will need to look at the colours in photopost.....

Thanks
George

Thanks

Liahona
In this thread there is a attachment I posted on what variables and files to change photopost entirely on the front end to CSS.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
has anyone seen problems with this and mozilla/opera? Something like a LOT of gibberish (binary code looking stuff) right below where the threads header gets called? It looks fine in IE6 and validates at w3, but for some reason doen't work at all in mozilla. smirk

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
right where the first $tbopen is being called I get a LOT of this:

<br />‹_¼³a,¥"ñºÝnIŸ]w‹°áÒ›Ìå·pô7ŸÞÀ°`|≗²ÇŽ%6' òwS5fÖÓò–Ç¢g5½FÚî²RÛªÔò<*eå4ëœ
c)TÊw\&©ä&¾óɱ

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Let me fire up my copy of Mozilla and see what I can find. Might have to wipe the dust off.

I tested everything in IE and Netscape.

Allen,

I just ran Mozilla 1.2.1 and no problems. Now suffice it to say nothing in life is perfect.

Maybe there are some characters that made there way in there?
That would be my first guess or an upgrade to a newer Mozilla if its an older copy.

Try browsing my Photopost index and see if you see the same error. This will tell you whether its your version of Mozilla or not (If your not runnung 1.2.1) since I am posting to you and viewing that page with the new Mozilla. Would life not be simple if things were as easy as an upgrade.

Photopost Index

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I can view your site fine... the only thing I did differently was skip the header mod, as I still don't see how it's needed with the way this mod pulls in the threads header already in pp_inc.php. Maybe it's the server this is being run on...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63