Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 15
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
One more question:
The users still comming to the regular 'Main Index' (ubbthreads.php) page, since this was their option when the config their custom screen. There is any way to send they to 'Entrance' page?

Sponsored Links
ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Last question (today).
How can I use Languages on all those words in the 'Entrance' page?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
This modification should allow you to let your users choose where they want to go:
https://ubbdev.com/threads/php/...collapsed&sb=5&o=all&fpart=1

Hope that helps.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
You will need to edit the languagepal.php file for each language and place it in the related .threads language file then modify the index page to call the language from there. I threw 5.+ IIP together from parts of stuff I had laying around in different stanges of the current version I'm working on.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Is there any way to include a picture in the post ,exactly where I want it ? For example I want to put a small pic at the left and allign text right next to it.
Is this easy to happen or does the post system of ubbt makes it difficult ?

Any date for IIP 6.0 ?

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If posting with HTML on you could set the image to align left and the text should flow around it.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Of course

Still any release date for IIP 6.0 ?
"before 2003" is still valid?

Addict
Addict
Sorry to answer to such an old post, but it is on the subject I wanted to talk about.

Invisible users are shown in the last seen box, which makes it quite easy to see if they are on anyways. I'd say that this is very bad considering that they make themselves invisible for a reason, whatever that may be, and if they are still shown in some places this might be very upsetting.

I just noticed this because I turned myself invisible (I've gone into hibernation at the moment, need a break from some of my users...) and saw myself in the last seen box. Not that big of a problem for myself, but still something to consider.

If it is the fact that there'll be two different cache versions that is the major problem, my suggestion is to just have the one where invisible users aren't shown. They still show up for admins in the online pal which I'd say is sufficient.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I had thought of doing the dual cache for that as a solution as well. I will try and make some time to work on 5.2 this coming week and get that in.

Addict
Addict
That sounds great! Although I don't really feel like having to do more translating when I install the new version. =P

Sponsored Links
Hacker
Hacker
I'm having a problem with the News section - sometimes a large section of text appears - way beyond the 150 characters I have set. It appears to maybe be reated to the size of the paragraph? (not sure)

Is this a bug?

http://www.extremefitness.com

Last edited by extremebikini; 12/20/2002 9:00 PM.
Hacker
Hacker
With it set to 200, I'm getting 985 charactrers (added the $postcut in ()'s to the ...).

$tagbreak1 = blank
$tagbreak2 = 983
$postcut = 985

$postbody[$i] = 200

Last edited by extremebikini; 12/20/2002 9:25 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If the cut is in the center of an html tag it tries to move the cut to the end of the next closing tag. That may be the cause of what your seeing. It's not a bug.

Hope I made sense... lol

Hacker
Hacker
Well, looking at the code, I can see kind of what you are doing. I wonder if it would make sense to take that closing tag and move it back to the 200th position so avoid having 1,000 character previews...?

Its going to a <br /> tag... hmmm

Last edited by extremebikini; 12/20/2002 9:38 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I haven't looked at that portion of the code for a while so it may very well be a bug I guess. When I get a chance I'll test it some more and see what I can do to make it better.

Hacker
Hacker
Well, here's what I see, if it helps any.

You search for closing tags after the position I want to cut it off. I assume that this is in case we are trying to chop off an HREF tag or something. Or maybe a closing <b> tag.

The problem is, it appears to consider "unimportant" formatting tags line <br /> via $tagbreak2.

Obviously there is a need to have this - just wonder if we can improve it to ignore some tags. Do we really need the $tagbreak2 check?

Last edited by extremebikini; 12/20/2002 9:52 PM.
Hacker
Hacker
I took out the postcut on $tagbreak2 and it cleaned up my page. Curious to know what this might break down the road.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I had the image tag in mind with this one. I didn't want to cut it in the center. I'll try and make a work around for the <br /> tags.

Hacker
Hacker
Ah, makes sense. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I love this Add-On!

Addict
Addict
One of my users brought to my attention that it is quite easy to post shouts under someone elses name. I haven't checked this, but if it is correct it should definately be fixed. The name entered should be read from the db and not the post variable, if it isn't already.

There is also a bug that allows unregistered users to add anonymous shouts even when it is turned off. For some reason it is possible the first time they go to the Entrance page. The check that they aren't allowed to write shouts should also be done when the shout is entered.

My users are really anxious to have an auto-refresh on the iframe as well. I will probably add this myself when I get the time.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]My users are really anxious to have an auto-refresh on the iframe as well. I will probably add this myself when I get the time.
[/]

I had a client ask me about that.... but I didn't know how.
Let me know if you figure out how to refresh the iframe.

Thanks.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I'll get that patched up. Thanks.

I'll add the option to have auto refresh in the configure section. I had had it in once when creating it but decided I didn't like the idea of everyone leaving the page open and having it refreshing and sucking up bandwidth. LoL but that's just me.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The auto refresh can be added using the refresh meta tag in the shoutdisplaypal.php script.

I'll get this in for 5.2 though as an option in the configure panel.

Addict
Addict
Yeah, it could waste some bandwidth, but I'd rather get the users off my back. =] Besides, the shoutboxdisplaypal doesn't send that much data each time so it won't be too bad.

But just adding an auto-refresh isn't so good, because that can easily make it reload while you are typing, which is not a good option. Either the input field should be moved out of the shoutboxdisplay pal and outside the iframe, or there should be some javascript checks that the input box isn't focused before doing a reload.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Good point. Perhaps a javascript count down and reload of the page. An onfocus would stop the countdown and an onblur would start it.

sjsaunders #223996 12/22/2002 11:21 AM
Power User
Power User
where do I change the entrance on the top nav bar? what I am getting is that it is trying to go to my main web site but I have it going to the 2nd page so when I hit the entrance it shows this http://www.donnti.com/midi/home.htm/index.php?Cat=

Notice the home.htm in the url. I get a CGI Error due to this . how can I correct this?

I dont know much about this PHP yet and dont want to mess anything up.

I do love this index and thanks putting in your time and effort on makinging one.

Last edited by donnti; 12/22/2002 12:58 PM.
charlotte #223997 12/22/2002 1:36 PM
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Edit ubbt_registerednav.tmpl and ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl files in your templates/default directory. You can point the link to where ever you want.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If the referer check is off then it may be possible to post to the shoutbox with other names. I'm looking things over right now. Trying to get IIP out of my way... lol

sjsaunders #223999 12/22/2002 7:20 PM
Power User
Power User
Thank you JustDave for the help.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]
Still any release date for IIP 6.0 ?
"before 2003" is still valid?
[/]

I'll be releasing IIP 5.2 next.

Hi

I have just uploaded the IIP 5 and only got as far as step 5.

[] Step 5.

Load the index page into your browser and [:"red"] click on the IIP copyright link at the bottom
of the page to access the configure panel [/] . Follow all steps in the "INITIAL SETUP"
box for new installations and then set the other box values as desired. [/]

?? click on the IIP copyright link at the bottom
of the page ??

All I have at the bottom of my page is the Infopop logo that takes me to www.infopop.com/landing/goto.php?a=ubb.threads.......

and the following TEXT only [:"red"] NO links [/] .

UBB.threadsâ„¢ 6.1.1
.: IIP 5.1 by David Lozier ©2002 :.

Where have I to go to access the configure panel.

Thanks

Liahona
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
First make sure you are logged in as an administrator. If you are logged in and you are the administrator make sure your cookies are set site wide if IIP's index is not being used in your .threads directory.

The cookie path should be set to / if your index is outside of the .threads directory. You can edit your cookie path from the admin section of .threads. It is located in the configure file.

If the above criteria are met you *should* have a link to set up IIP.

Hi

I thought it was to easy to work first time.

Lets get this part fixed first.

When I run the index.php (iether overwriting the one in the ubbthreads dir or putting it somewher else) It takes me to a page that says ....

====================================================
Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ | User List

Index Closed

We are currently updating this page...

Contact Us Title for link

[Infopop logo]
UBB.threadsâ„¢ 6.1.1 (text only)
.: IIP 5.1 by David Lozier ©2002 :. (text only)

=============================================

As you can see it thinks I am not logged in so I click login and it takes me to MY HOME forum page which now shows me as being logged in as ADMIN
===========================================
Admin | Main Index | Search | My Home | Who's Online | FAQ | Logout | User List

My Home for Liahona

========================================

And if I click the Main Index on the index.php page this leads me to the forum's main page

Admin | Main Index | Search | My Home | Who's Online | FAQ | Logout | User List

General Discussion Threads Posts Last post Moderator

Which also says I am logged in as administrator

The path to my ubbthreads install is the same as in the ubbthreads config at "Path to the main UBB.threads install"

The cookie path should be set to / if your index is outside of the .threads directory..................

In ubbthreads config............
If you are using cookies you can specify a path as well. Leaving this blank will make the cookies only available under the UBB.threads install directory. Setting this to / will make them available to your entire website.

This is /

Any more ideas?

THX

Thanks

Liahona
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If you send me an URL and some login information for admin I'll take a look. It should be working with what you have stated. Not sure what is going wrong.

Hi

It's okay I think I have done it.... and it looks great.

But the link at the bottom that I was suposed to click did not appear until I had filled out the file.

What I am trying to say is I edited the file via the address bar not the link at the bottom of the page, although it is there now.

THX... good job in the end

oh BTW I have to disable my Internet security so I can post.

Thanks

Liahona
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I wonder if your internet security was blocking the cookie? I'm sure it was a cookie issue but glad you got it running.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I fixed the tag break problem by also checking to see if there is an HTML tag starting before the post cut position. If there isn't then the post is cut right at the designated value.

This *seems* to be working.

Addict
Addict
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking of.

Lurker
Lurker
Is there a version for ubbthreads 6.5???

Lurker
Lurker
Just found it in the sticky topic, therefore, please disregard.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63