Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 10
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Where? In the profile? Or on the search page?

I had to walk away from this for a few days, real life reared it's ugly head and I needed to relax some.

Will spend more time adding the next feature set/clean up stuff later this week.

5 Day weekend coming up... YAY ME!

Sponsored Links
5 day weekend Where do I find one of those

MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
I'd be glad to have a one day weekend!

Hope you were able to relax some... if not, then do so. It's important to do so once in a while, I bet it even helps in coding.

- It displayed html in the profile page.

[]slayer60 said:
5 day weekend Where do I find one of those [/]

Well, Monday is Labor Day, so I get a day off for that... and I'm taking two vacation days, Friday and Tuesday.

Can't wait! Been a long week already, and it's only TUESDAY!

[]MTO said:
- It displayed html in the profile page. [/]

Umm, then that's the CMS add on... I should probably just create all the fixes for that one and contact dimopoulos for permission to release this as a one shot add on.

Thanks for the info.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
I have a 4 day weekend. Friday - Monday. I'm going out to Seattle, land of Infopop!

Reviving this...

After a lengthy hiatus from the programming world, I think I'm ready to get back up on the horse so to speak.

Thanks MTO for reminding me of my unfinished work.

Had to get my notes all in order tonight and will get cracking, this mod is near complete. Of course we have 6.4 somewhere around the corner, but we'll deal with that when it comes.

So anyway, test site is still up. I'll pop back on this thread with the next update in a couple days. Hopefully a near ready to beta mod.

No more HTML in the added fields.

Got that far tonight... please jump in and kick it around. I'm about done for tonight.

http://softest.sofguild.com/threads/ubbthreads.php

Email verification is off so feel free to register and test.

MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
I'm looking forward to this one!

Okies, update time.

Yeah it's been awhile. Life still kicking me around good. But I accomplished a lot today.

I'm working on the multi-page results feature (x number of results per page). I've got it working mostly and as I've been going through this, I'm realizing I may need to re-write some parts of it.

Anyhow, all that remains that I plan on doing is to finish the multi-page option and then do some sort options.

After that I'll let you all kick it around and I'll see about if I can port it to 6.4, since it'll probably be out by the time I'm done.

Test site is still up. Take a look.

Sponsored Links
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Great to see you still at it

Yup, I come back to this now and then, I'm really trying to finish before 6.4 comes out and I have to port it.

Spending a little time on it each night, as I was driving to a customer's site today (60 miles one way) I think I stumbled on a solution to my age search breaking onto multiple pages problem. Will try it tonight and report back... I'm soooo close. Just don't look too closely at the code when I release it! It's UGLY.

Ok, ALMOST!

I'm about 99% complete with this add on.

Took some serious research and brain wracking to make this whole thing work out the way I wanted it to. LOL

But it's working all around... the last few things I'm going to do before releasing it to all you beta lovers is tweak the template, put some more stuff into the language files and see if I can't have it so users can sort the list.

Should be ready for beta release this weekend.

Test site is here

Kick it about, tell me if you find any problems.

And Happy Halloween!

Dunno if anyone is sitll tracking this thread what with 6.4 around the corner... but I've got sorting working now, just need to clean up the sorting so it can sort either asc or desc and then clean up the code/template.

Will try to finish this tomorrow.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

good work!

MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Yeah, good work!
I only wish someone would create a "user picture" modification. That is, users to add their picture as compared to their avatar. Then being able to search on that as one of the fields.

Looks great!

I just figured that avatar can be their picture... I mean if you allow linking outside your site and all.

The terminology can be changed to say picture rather than avatar too.

#217702 11/03/2003 10:45 AM
Ok so I spent most of Sunday wrapping this thing up. I know I said I'd release this weekend, but when finishing the documentation and writing the language stuff for this, I decided to include a seperate language file. There's enough words to account for one I think.

So this should be 100% translateable. (is that a word? )

I also realized that, this type of an add on probably shouldn't be viewed by just anyone... so I'm going to add in a check to see if User List in config is set to registered users only or all users. If it's set for Registered only, (which I'd recommend), then it'll allow the page to load, if not it'll load for anyone.

I'm coding this into the search page itself in case anyone knows the URL to access it directly. If they aren't supposed to be there, it'll just generate an error.

I coded this in already, but didn't have time to test it because of football (darn you Packers! I'll get you and your cheese too! ) and some other things that needed doing before I got to bed.

Anyway, I hope to wrap this up tonight and let some folks try installing it. My biggest concern is the documentation, which I think I've managed to get all the steps properly written, but it will be dependant upon the installation of the birthday add on and the CMS add on... Guess we'll see after a couple people install it.

I did have a bit of a breakthrough with age calculations and managed to shorten the code by over 100 lines (don't ask! ) and cut the queries from an initial 6 to 4.

Ok back to work for me... will report back tonight, hopefully with zip file ready for testing.

#217703 11/03/2003 9:38 PM

#217704 11/04/2003 10:00 AM
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
Yay!

Cant wait to try it!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63