Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#209366 03/26/2001 5:05 PM
Anyone else find it almost impossible to read much of the text on this forum area here on the www.threads.com site? If you have your font size set to IE's default 16pts it's fine, but I prefer to use 12pt. This results in all the smaller type here being essentially illegible. The type in this posting dialog is so small I can't even see what I'm typing. Each letter is about 4 pixels high.

This problem can be avoided by setting CSS style sheet sizes by pixels rather than other forms of measurement. When specifying Arial, I never go below 9px because then you run into this kind of problem.

Edited by Adwiz on 03/26/01 04:07 PM (server time).

Sponsored Links
No problem for me on this end. I have 4 diff. systems - 2 17", 1 21" and 11" laptop. Fonts looks fine on all of them. Awhile back, I Had a problem with the 21" at first, but I had the wrong driver installed. I also run both IE and Netscape, still no difficulties in reading the text. I even set my text size to smallest (not sure what the font size would be, but I'm guessing 7-8 pts) on both IE and Netscape to see if I could duplicate your problem, and although the text is small, still vey legible. Are you using newer equip (monitor, driver, etc)? I'm curious about your problem, because users of my site, now in testing, are complaining that when making posts, the text box area is too large, and it doesn't automatically re-size, forcing them to manually scroll to find the cursor and text when they are writing. I'm wondering if there is any correlation here and/or maybe an answer to the text box size? []/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/]

http://www.yourvacationdreams.com

Guru
Guru
In all fonts I use a pt reference like 8pt or 12pt, etc. I do have several skins available that use larger font sizes as well. If you go into your display preferences then you can choose one of the skins that use the larger fonts and it should be a little more legible for you.

UBB.threads Developer
Guru
Guru
You can remind your users to edit their display preferences so they can set the size of the text area boxes for their systems.

UBB.threads Developer
[]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/] Ah, I learned something new again tonight. Thanks Scream!

http://www.yourvacationdreams.com

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63