Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Power User
Power User
Hey all, got my new wwwthreads forum up. Upgraded to the latest version and looking pretty styling []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]. Check them out at WithAuthority.com. It's an online wrestling card game for WWF wrestling. We are still in Beta, but we've got over 12,000 registered on the forums and hundreds signing up daily. wwwthreads is taking a real pounding, but it's holding up nicely. I'm still working on the style sheets, i've only got the default version done, but I hope to get more up soon. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Geo

http://construct.bc.edu/cgi-bin/chronx/wwwthreads.pl

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Geo--

Looks good--authoritative, even!

:-Doug.
[][email protected][/]
www.FootprintsintheWind.com

Power User
Power User
Hundreds signing up daily? WOW care to say what your marketing consists of for the rest of us w3t users?

Matt []/testimages/icons/cool.gif[/]

I second CarAddicts' request. How are you getting so many signups? []/testimages/icons/shocked.gif[/]

http://www.yourvacationdreams.com

Journeyman
Journeyman
Don't know how they got so many at the beginning, but their post was make in February mentioning close to 12,000. Their number as of today is still under 12,000.

[:"blue"]Eric Hill[/]
Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Ask Playboy how they get so many sign-ups. []/testimages/icons/wink.gif[/]

It's all about who your audience is, how many potential visitors you have, how many you can get to your site, and from there how many will register.

Putting a "register for free" notice in front of them in several places on your site can increase the sign-ups considerably, instead of just having the 'login' link there... at least change the "register" text on the main index to something more inviting, like "Register for FREE! Click here!" ... then on your newuser page, drop a few lines in there about the benefits of registering.

_muhammad :: imc_

Muhammad
Thanks Muhammad, I'll give your suggestions a try. []/testimages/icons/smile.gif[/]

vik

http://www.yourvacationdreams.com

Journeyman
Journeyman
We post a note on the board every so often about the benefits of registering, etc. This works fairly well and those not registered have a tendency to actually read it. It then also gives them the opportunity to ask questions should they be concerned about registering for any reason.

We have also found that this will occassionally get those that have registered but still not figured out how to log on (I know it is difficult []/testimages/icons/crazy.gif[/]) to be able to ask how to do something on the boards.

[:"blue"]Eric Hill[/]
Kahuna
Kahuna
Yeah, that's certainly a good suggestion. []/testimages/icons/smile.gif[/]

_muhammad :: imc_

Muhammad

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63