Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Just a note for those who've been here a little while:

We've added Mike Bobbit's nice album to our site:

https://www.ubbdev.com/cgi-bin/album.pl

You are welcome to add images to it, tho you'll have to have 30+ posts here to be able to do so. Please do not hot-link them to other sites or we'll be forced to clobber you wink

It's just a real nice script and we'd thought you'd like to have a place to put images if you wanted smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Deb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
It is a nice script with lots of options and it'd be a great addition to a website. It ties into UBB.classic member files or can also run as a stand alone.

Try it.. I think you'll find that you like it. smile

- Deb
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Hey, my images are there laugh

I might add a few photos of my own, depends if I can get my digital camera charged up over the weekend smile

Oh, and congrats on 13,000 posts Allen wink

I'm going to have to get one scanned, I haven't been bothered to set up my scanner yet. Nice script though. smile

I've been using Bobbit's script for the past six months... maybe even more. It has come a LONG way from when I first got my hands on it.

The script benefits both: server admins, as well as an online community.

As a server admin, it allows you to directly FTP photos right to the album root directory. You can upload pics, movies, and even directories containing them. Album.pl takes care of the rest, since it parses through its root album directory and builds an album 100% "on the fly".

Users of an online community benefit too. The script allows your users to upload to the album. They can either upload to any directory that you allow them to, or you can set the script so they can only upload to their member directory. Furthermore, if you tie the script to an app called ImageMagik (which resides in your /usr/local/bin), it will resize all the pics to dimensions you set, as well as create instant thumbnails.

You really can't go wrong with this script. It's a script that is DESTINED to go commercial, so get it now while it's free. And, IMHO, it's the best online photo archiving/sharing application out there.

Finally, once you get it up and running, you can even tie the album script to your UBB Members directory, so only your UBB online community can upload pics.

To see an example of my album in action, visit: www.dinofilias.com/cgi-bin/album/album.pl

Sponsored Links
Hey thanks for the positive reviews guys. UBBDev is really where I found the community for album.pl, so I'm ecstatic to see it running here. If you have any questions, just drop me a line at Bobbitt@CdnArmy.ca or check out the support forums .

And thanks again Dino for the evangelism. wink

Cheers

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Aren't junior members allowed to upload pictures? frown

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Welcome Felix smile

We have it set for only full members and above to be able to upload images due to the ummm.. public nature of the album wink - we'd really rather people not sign up new accts to upload prank/crank images tipsy - it's just too tempting for some eejits smile

Be our guest to upload once you reach 31 posts tho smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63