Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#204103 01/22/2000 11:56 AM
The project I am working on right now is a magazine style entertaiment and interaction based website where the entire content is archived and replaced every month.

The structure allows a link to current content will remain live and connected the archived content once it is archived without redirect. I am looking at total site submission every month to correspond to the update. Hmm, with the time it takes for engines to list new submissions that content would be old before ever being found I would think.

Of course, aside from search engine placement there are other serious efforts underway toward marketing - but the search engine issue is a little complicated to me and I hate to just trust a high priced consultant.

Any ideas?

Jay

Sponsored Links
Well.k..Heres the thing : Many of the large search engines have spiders that once you are in their database automatically re-index when content is changed.
Since your content will change regularly you will be in good shape for those.
Be sure archives have right tags for keywords etc and Titles (not Archive Page 2 for instance ;))
What I would do to figure out a good strategy would be first to see how the website fairs in each of the top engines and follow the "rules" of each engine and look up popularity of relevant keywords to figure out how best to spend your time and energy.

For magazine sites..which are naturally high in content I would tend to focus on relations to related sites and offering them content in exchange for links etc..But I would make at least an initial serious shot at the engines and directories

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849