Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I installed it, and it works great! Nice work, Qasic! laugh

Sponsored Links
Hello.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've been trying to get this hack to work for me. I followed the instructions, uploaded, CHMODed, went to set the variables and I get a "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION" error.

Okay, this is obviously a case of permissions not being set correctly, right? Except that this isn't my first hack. I've done two UBB installs and about 5 hacks in the last couple of years. I KNOW to check the permissions on everything. I've double, triple, even quadruple checked the permissions of everything that I sent. I can't imagine what I might have missed.

Is there possibly another answer here that I'm missing, or am I just going nuts?

- Jay frown

Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
I'm having a similar problem to what I think was a reported bug in the 6.1 version of the hack. On my computer, when I make mods, the member files are updated fine and the new custom mod rank works fine.

Yet I logged on to a school computer earlier today, browsed the forums and on some threads the moderator's still had a member status.. Will rebuilding the member stat files fix this or is their a bug in the coding somewhere..?

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight

Content Queen
Content Queen
When I install a hack, and I receive an error message, I figure one of three things has happened:

1. I forgot to upload in ASCII.
2. I didn't CHMOD the files correctly.
3. I installed the hack incorrectly.

Obviously the first two are relatively easy to fix. With the third, I examine each line of code I was supposed to hack and make sure that it was the way it was supposed to be.

If I've gone through those 3 steps and I'm positive everything is set, then the obvious conclusion is that there is a problem with the code in the hack itself. Posting here is one way to get to the bottom of that. laugh

I've gone through this convoluted explanation to just say that I've been able to install this hack to my 6.2.1.1 board, and it's been working like a charm ever since.

So, did you try to install this with the Multihack file I created? If that's the case, maybe a line of code wasn't found (because of a hack applied previously). If you tried to install it by hand, give the Multihack file a shot.

If you've done all the above, the only other thing I can suggest is to post the URL to your site so someone can go and look and see what is going on with your code. (Provided, of course, the hacked files are still online)

Sue
adwoff.com
Spotlight Runner-Up
Spotlight Runner-Up
Sorry qasic, I'm stupid.. wink
I never read your FAQ part of the instructions.. However..

quote:
Q. I want my Moderators to show up as Moderators ANYWHERE, not just only in the forums
in which they moderate. How would I do this with your hack?
A. In ubb_lib_posting.cgi, find the line:
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");
and replace it with:
#$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");
Repeat this once more. This will comment out the lines and make the UBB
behave like UBB 5.

I can't find that line in ubb_lib_posting.cgi before or after the hack is installed. Was the FAQ written for the 6.1 version of the hack because you may want to update it.. In fact, I want you to update it!!! wink

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight

Sponsored Links
This is one hack my users yell for. Will it be ported to 6.3.x?

Developer
Developer
6.3.x has already the jist of it - up to 15 custom levels are available in UBB 6.3.x.

qasic

quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
Sorry qasic, I'm stupid.. wink
I never read your FAQ part of the instructions.. However..

quote:
Q. I want my Moderators to show up as Moderators ANYWHERE, not just only in the forums
in which they moderate. How would I do this with your hack?
A. In ubb_lib_posting.cgi, find the line:
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");
and replace it with:
#$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");
Repeat this once more. This will comment out the lines and make the UBB
behave like UBB 5.

I can't find that line in ubb_lib_posting.cgi before or after the hack is installed. Was the FAQ written for the 6.1 version of the hack because you may want to update it.. In fact, I want you to update it!!! wink

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight

I have this problem too.
I'll realy appriciate it if you can tell us what to do about it.

Is there any way of overwriting the custom title with the custom rank instead of showing both? Because i just want them to show the custom rank, not the custom title that they set in their profile

I think I got the problem! smile
========================
open ubb_lib_posting.cgi
========================
Find:
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]);

Replace with:
#$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]);

===============================================

To me it worked.

Hope that helped.

Sponsored Links
quote:
6.3.x has already the jist of it - up to 15 custom levels are available in UBB 6.3.x.

qasic

But not the same as the hack. In the hack I could give special members a special rank. Or was that another Rank/Status-Hack?

Developer
Developer
quote:
Originally posted by SirGrendel:
quote:

qasic

But not the same as the hack. In the hack I could give special members a special rank. Or was that another Rank/Status-Hack?
Sure that's possible. Goto the Member's Profile in the CONTROL PANEL (from cp.cgi). Type in his/her custom title. Done.

qasic

Oh, I, err. *blush*
I hope noone reads this. laugh
Thank you!

Developer
Developer
No problem. That feature is pretty well hidden so you're not alone smile

qasic

hi im using 6.2.0 and tried to install this all went fine cept nothing shows up for either ranks or titles. they are still same as the ones i set up when i first config'ed the board, it says in your directions that if you are using 6.2x then u will have to do some modifications. any hint what those mods would curtail.

quote:
That works well in 6.3, as you mentioned. But in your hack, I could give members a second title (so all my mods got "Team" as a line under their status), which is not working in 6.3 - this litte modification is what I need smile

Is there a way to get my user control their own custom STATUS, using this hack?

I use UBB 6.2.1 and it would be great not to use other hacks... help

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63